Saturday, July 7, 2007

Future Jon.

On a recent trip to New York, me and Josh finally managed to live out one of our wildest adulthood dreams - to ride around Manhattan on BMX bikes.  I'm not talkin about those lame riverside kiddie bike paths... no, no, no.  I'm talkin rollin down 5th Avenue against traffic with no helmets on, dodging cars like bike messengers... a hotdog in one hand and a video camera in the other, man.  After a good couple hours into the ride, we zoned in on Washington Square Park and stopped to take in a three man band playing some funky-ass ?uestlove-style drum & bass.  Throwing our bikes up against a tree, we look over and it slowly dawns on us that the drummer looks a little familiar.  Josh glances over to me and jokes "Dude, how long have you been playing the drums?"... but the closer we get, the more freaked out we become.  This guy looks EXACTLY the same as me... freakishly, even more than Josh does... AND HE'S MY TWIN, PEOPLE.  How weird is that?!!  No, seriously think about it for a second.  They say 'everybody has a lookalike', a 'doppelganger' if you will, but I met mine, and he lives in Manhattan!  His band was just as giggley as we were, and said we HAD to get a photo together.  I even got passed a similar pair of white sunnies to throw on... just to make it that little bit more ridiculous.  Ha.  This photo still makes me smile when I look at it.  It felt like Marty Mcfly watching himself in Back To The Future II... me in 3 years having moved to Greenich Village, learnt to play the drums, and rockin the white glasses / wife-beater combo.  So he's now known as 'Future Jon'.

Jon [Josh].

No comments: